Bin Winter Skin
Wow….. It’s nearly February….anyone else feeling the Winter blues ??? It’s a tough time of the year and many of us feel low and a bit fed up. Your skin can also feel the same!
This is due to the harsh weather or environment at this time of year, coupled with changes in temperature from cold to hot and then hot to cold. Our homes tend to have the heating on most of the time drying out our skin further.
Symptoms that your skin is being affected by the cold climate can be any of the following;
Dryness, irritability, redness, tightness and generally looking dull and lackluster.
Problematic skin can become more blemished as well as sensitive, leaving you with the dilemma of which symptom to tackle first. So here are a few tips to keep your natural glow.
1. Try adding a damp towel or bowl of water and essential oils on or near a radiator to increase the moisture content of the air.
2. The change of seasons is a good time to look at your skincare products and think about changing to something more active and protective.
3. Swap to a cream cleanser to increase hydration, break down dry, dead skin cells and prevents your gel cleanser from stripping the skins natural protective barrier.
4. Consider reducing harsh scrubs and switch to a gentle liquid exfoliator, once or twice a week, to soften dryness gently.
Epicuren’s clarify astringent with salicylic acid (derived from willow bark), cucumber and zinc, gently dissolves the intracellular glue that holds the dry dead skin cells to the surface. You will awaken with fresher, smoother skin.
5. Try layering your creams, beginning with the lightest weight product first, such as a vitamin C serum, followed by a richer moisturiser AND your sunscreen. (YES..even in the winter!)
6. Epicuren’s Moisture Surge is an amazing product for this time of year, sealing your final lotion into the skin. As a humectant it can absorb atmospheric moisture, locking it into your skin further. The hyaluronic acid contained in the product, has the ability to absorb 1000 times its own weight in water.
Failing all of the above…emigrate to a warmer country.
See you soon..lots of love Sophie and Joanne.